Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Commercial Shoot

So my 2-day shoot is done now. So I thought I'd share a little bit about it with you. First of all, it was a McDonalds commercial. Basically they built a giant adult sized playland that is a replica of the playpen we used to play at in McDonalds as a kid. They have slides and tubes everywhere. Swings and helicopters. Ladders to climb and of course a ball pit. Everything is oversized so grownups can fit in it. There is even a giant bench with a giant Ronald McDonald sitting on it, so when you sit next to him you look like a kid again. One of the McD monsters has his own statue with his arm out, and the sign reads "Those who can fit under my arm can play". The arm is set at 7 feet. There was over 100 extras all dressed in business attire and such. It was awesome.

Basically my job was to be a spy cam and flip cam operator and run around with the extras getting Point Of View shots. So basically my shoes came off and I ran around the playland filming various things. It was a lot of fun and I met some great people. Hopefully I will be able to get some more work soon.

Here is a couple links to some short articles on the shoot:
http://www.spicenews.com.au/2010/03/30/article/McDonalds-constructs-adult-sized-playland-in-Sydney-CBD/DQQRVJTGVF.html

http://www.foodweek.com.au/main-features-page.aspx?ID=6890

Currently Listening To: The Temper Trap

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is awesome! I wish it existed here..haha

Unknown said...

Ha

Chrissi said...

That sounds like so much fun!