Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Oscars

I see nobody commented on my new look. I'll just take that as you think it is so good your speechless.

Lets move on to the Oscar noms. They came out this morning. They are all pretty predictable, not much surprises there. I haven't seen all of the movies nominated, but so far I have no complaints about the nominations. Except now there are ten Best Picture noms instead of five. I do think that is a little excessive.

So, lets break down my Top Ten Movie List Of 2009 to their Oscar nominations.

Up In The Air- 6 - Best Actor, 2 Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Picture

Star Trek- 4 - Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Makeup

Avatar- 9 - Art Direction, Cinematography, Best Director, Film Editing, Music (Original), Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Best Picture

Twilight: New Moon- 0

The Brothers Bloom- 0 - Here is a snub I'm upset about. This should have gotten at least a screenplay nomination.

(500) Days Of Summer- 0

Inglorious Basterds- 8 - Best Supporting Actor, Best Director, Cinematography, Film Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Best Screenplay (Original), Best Picture

X-Men Origins: Wolverine- 0 - Overlooked because it came out too early in the year, academy forgot about it. Im not a technical guy but this should have had some Sound and Editing noms.

Watchmen- 0 - Again, overlooked because it came out too early. I would easily nominate this for Best Screenplay (Adapted) as well as Editing and Cinematography.

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince - 1 - Cinematography

Currently Listening To: Ra Ra Riot

2 comments:

Key-Vaughan said...

Haha, you are a sexy beast no matter what Mike! The haircut is a nice change-I do think I like ur hair without hairgel though...

I'm mad that 500 Days of Summer didn't get any nominations because it is my life in a nutshell...I could have been famous! haha

Anyways, cheers mate

Mike said...

I still don't use hair gel. It looks wet cause I just got out of the shower. Im still hair gel free since 07! I wish I could say 03 just to rhyme.