Monday, February 15, 2010

Crazy Rain and the Job Hunt plus a Little Chinese

It rained like crazy this past weekend again. The streets were flooded and the roads were blocked. Last weekend when I told you about how hard the rain was I really meant it. Just last Sat and Sun, two day rain total was 108.6mm (4.3 inches) and this weekend was almost as bad, 80mm (3.15 inches). To put that into perspective: You know that big storm all you Californians complained about? Well I'll add that and the entire rain total in California for the year 2010 so far and it equals 175mm (6.9 inches). It rained more in Sydney in a 4-day total between this weekend and last, then it did for the entire year of 2010 in California. Lawyered! I walked home with an umbrella which is pretty much no use to most of your body when your my size. When I arrived home my pants were soaked, my sleeves were soaked, and my shoes were soaked. Luckily they were Sperry Topsiders, so no need to worry there. God bless the boat shoe. But seriously, its summer time here?

I am still at the job hunt. Applying left and right. Still no luck. For those of you who aren't updated on this part of my life, here is a quick overview: I have a film degree, I want to use it. Working at Brightstars pays my bills, thats good, but its not what I want to do. Also my contract is up March 31st. So I need a new job anyways. So for the past month I have been looking and applying to various companies and contacting various production managers and such. Nobody is giving me the chance to prove myself. Its like LA all over again, except I can actually get through to more important people. But still get a rejection or an excuse. It seems like everyone in this industry worldwide is selfish. If your not a relative or a good friend then you are nothing to them. I can't wait until I'm in a top dog position and shove it in all their faces by employing those who are best suited for the position and have gone through the schooling and have a passion for the entertainment industry. Not just some producers son who wants to make films like daddy.

I also need to work on my creative stuff. Which is pretty much writing only right now because I have no camera or the means to make a movie. So I need to write. I get in those moods and I think of great ideas, but it is so hard to put them down on paper. I still need to do a final edit of "Miss Mystery". I want that perfected then I can submit it to a bunch of script contests at film festivals. I also want to write some more scripts. Maybe go away from comedy for a little bit and work on a good indie story.

It is Chinese New Years now. Yesterday I ate Chinese food in China Town. That is a big step for me since I despise China Towns. But, I did it and it was alright. Next weekend is the big parade and show which I will be attending.

In The News: The Olympics started. Thats cool. I still haven't seen a single event because I work all day, and all the events are at the morning and day time here.

I am really trying to find some good news items to talk about, but there really isn't much. Or maybe Im just not reading everything.

Currently Listening To: Dr. Dre; and other various hardcore rap artists. Yeah, thats how I'm rolling right now.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

im glad you were able to brave the china town..remember that 4th when we got lost in China town and then walked through the projects? Lol, I'm sure your enjoyed that afternoon.

:D