Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mardi Gras and Mike's March Mustache Madness

So last night was the Mardi Gras Parade. Just to let you know Mardi Gras here is not like Mardi Gras in the states. It is Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. So basically Sydney turns into one big gay club. It was crazy and awesome. Everyone dresses up in crazy scandalous outfits and parties hard, both gay and straight. About a million people lined the streets to watch the parade go by featuring erotic and fun floats and thousands of participants. I have never seen anything like this. It was all in good fun and it is great to see so many people so accepting. There was no acts of violence or any negativity the entire night. I went to a friend of a friend's house which was on the very street the parade ran down. So we had a great view of the parade.

Aside from that, yesterday was a beautiful day. Finally the sun was shining and it was the perfect weather. I went to Bondi Beach to meet a friend and just hung out, relaxing. A very enjoyable day overall.

I need to start watching my money more. I am spending like 50-100 a weekend on various activities and going out and such. I really need to save my money.

So it is the last day of February, which means a few things. One, March begins tomorrow and time has flied. Two, I have only 1 month left at my job, which means I need to get on finding another job, even though I am aggressively looking for industry work I might need to find a part time random to tie me over while I look. Third, Summer has officially ended here in Australia and the Fall is coming in. And lastly, Mike's March Mustache Madness will commence.

For those of you who do not know what MMMM is, I'll give you a short rundown. On Feb 28th (or 29th) one must shave their mustache clean. Then let it grow out for the entire month of March. You may shave any other part of your body if you wish, but you cannot touch your mustache. The only circumstance you can touch is the sides, in which you can choose to let them grow down into a handle bar or cut them for a short straight mustache. But the immediate mustache above the upper lip must not be touched. If your name starts with an M, this event is mandatory. For everyone else it is optional, but highly recommended. So lets begin.

Currently Listening To: Shout Out Louds
Recently Watched: Say Anything- I liked it a lot. Great 80s movie.

For your enjoyment. Another reason to love the A's. Our mascot gets down:

No comments: