Saturday, November 28, 2009

The club scene

So last night I went to a club called "The Ivy". Now I had been to The Ivy a couple times before when I studied abroad, but this time was different. I guess my theory stands correct when it comes to nightclubs. Unless you arrive in a big group of friends, it isn't going to be a good night. You can't talk in clubs because it is too loud, so all you can really do is drink, eye fuck, and awkwardly dance. Until you decide you're tired and it is late, and you head home. On your walk home you realize you spent wasted time and money, with absolutely no outcome. Of course there are variations to this, where every once in a while you can have a great night.

Now the Ivy is unique in a way, because they have something I had never noticed before. In the middle of the dance floor is a bid plastic circular overhang with some metal things in it. At first glance you ignore it, then you realize what it really is. It is a shower. That is right everyone. Right in the middle of "tonight's gonna be a good night" the showers come on, and whoever those unlucky, or lucky depending how you want to think about it, people that happen to be dancing under at that time, get soaked. Now, I was not one of those people, but let me tell you, it was a sight to see.

No comments: