Sunday, August 31, 2008


My 21st birthday. Here is how it went...
We had about 30 people, most of them already lived with me. We all pre-drank and my house and played some mixed drink pong. Then we took over the bus and headed to the city. I feel bad for the 4 Aussies on the bus, because there were 30 loud Americans running around and taking pictures and such. 

We went the an area of the city called Kings Cross, this spot has a hot nightlife, but it is also where all the strip clubs and prostitutes are so it was kinda seedy. (No, I did not get a hooker or go to a strip club). We started our pub crawl at a lounge called SoHo. For all those people who know NYC, it was pretty much a wanna be NYC lounge bar. It was great and since it was a Monday night there was no one in there except for my group. 

Next we headed to Iquana Bar, which was a hidden bar down a random street, but it was small and intimate with pictures of celebrities all over the walls. After that we went to Bourbon, which was one of my favorites because it was upstairs and had a big balcony that had a good view. It was $8 cocktails until midnight, so the party began to take off. The featured cocktail of the night was Alaskan Thunder Fuck.

A few girls I live with joined us at this bar and then told me to head down the street to another bar called Empire. Those girls work at a bar called the Palace right by our house and their boss told them to go there. So we went and because of their boss we got a $100 bar credit. I'll leave what we drank to the imagination of my readers, partly because I don't remember.

Finally we hit up my favorite bar/lounge called World Bar.  They have tea-pots full of special mixed drinks. There I met an Australian Guy who was having his 30th birthday. He was so drunk that he bought me 15 tequila shots. Since there is no way I could take them all I called over some people and everyone who stayed with me through all 5 bars got their free shot.

Overall it was a great night. I know everyone had a lot of fun including me. It was a big bonding experience also and one of the best birthdays I have ever had.

No comments: