Saturday, August 2, 2008

I finally got to see the city by day today, just a little though. There is a big park, it is their central park kinda, that has views of the opera house and the bridge and city. I only got a couple pics then my camera died. I will post them later. 

I was on the bus today and the police came on to check everyone's tickets, of course knowing my luck I'm singled out. Apparently my student bus pass isn't valid for study abroad students, so I got a warning, but they took my info and I will get a huge fine next time. I had to go out and buy another regular bus pass for double the price. 

Busses are confusing and expensive here. Other than that it is a beautiful weekend, finally sunny and warm. A group of us played football and soccer today in the park. I ran under a low tree and it cut my shoulder, so I have a 2 inch cut now. 

Also I just found out the best news possible. Classes ends October 23 and then finals are mid Nov, with the semester ending Nov 14th. I guess they expect the time between oct 23rd and finals is for studying. Now here come the best part, since my classes are film studies, their assignments are all project and essay, all due the last days of class, which means I am finished with school on October 23rd not Nov 14th. Since my flight back to the states leaves Nov 30, that gives me over a month of free time to travel. Which means I'm taking the world by a storm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn your schedule!!!!! but seriously, thats awesome you get to just hang out and travel. so cool.
michelle