Monday, May 3, 2010

Coming Home and My Attempt At Experiencing Australia One Last Time

So I will be coming home soon. I am making my first announcement here for my faithful ADU readers, before I officially announce it on FB. I arrive back in the Bay Area on May 15th. Then on May 19th I will be going down to Orange County/ LA for the remainder of the month. I had applied for an awesome summer job that is in D.C. and New York. My interview is this wed on Skype. So if I get that then I'll be flying to the East Coast on June 3rd and will be there until mid-August.

So it has come down to my last days in Australia. I took a walk a few days ago and ended up deep into a park near my house. In the 6 months I have been here, I have never step foot in this park. It was like a whole new world. There are 3 lakes and trees everywhere. Strange looking birds of all sorts lined the lakes. The bird species are different here then in the States. The most colorful wild birds you have ever seen are common here. I took a walk around the lake, but I didn't think to bring my camera. So I have been trying to find a day that I can go back and take pictures. I check the weather and plan my days accordingly, but then I wake up and check the weather again and it is completely changed. I was going to go today, but now the weather says "risk of afternoon shower or thunderstorm". So I'll have to make a judgment call later.

I applied for my tax back from the Australian government. So I will hopefully be getting a large chunk of money put in my account within the next few weeks.

That is all I guess. I hope the weather in the States is getting ready for me.

Currently Listening To: Taking Back Sunday- weird huh? Itunes picked them up on shuffle and I really don't mind.

Recently Watched: Arrested Development Season 1

2 comments:

Chrissi said...

looking forward to seeing you come back to the States. Let me know if you get that summer job, and end up on the east coast.

Thomas D. said...

Good luck with your interview!